Saturday, October 01, 2005

Ok, so here are some pictures of my house and the garden that came with it. This thing is ridiculous, I have a bigger house than most families down here. Also, the garden is ripe with limes, oranges, peppers, coconuts, and bananas. The crazy thing is that it is only $150 per month, which is cheap even for here. There is however one problem, and that is that I seem to only get water from about 6-11pm. I guess they shut off the water during the day either because it is pretty short around here, especially on the top of a hill, where this house is located. But living on a hill does have its benefits, such as the view of the mountains and the constant breeze that is flowing through. If it wasn't for this breeze I would have melted a few days ago - it has been real hot here, about mid-90s. I keep thinking 'it's autumn, it should be getting cooler soon', but the fact is there is no autumn, nor any real winter, it is just hot, sunny, and dry all year round. I guess we just got out of 'summer' here, which is the hottest, and apparently in Peru they skip right to spring for a couple weeks, and then to winter, which is characterized by more rain (and hopefully less heat). But it is also winter any time it rains, so this morning it was winter from about 6-7am, and then spring resumed. So here are few pictures. Soon I will put up a post of what I am doing here.

Evan

p.s. The stove pictured in the kitchen may not look like much, but each burner puts out about a foot-high jet of blue flame.













Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?